Saturday, August 1, 2009

EL Collado on Broadway

On Wednesday morning at around 7AM, I got 2 egg sandwiches at El Collado on Ralph Aveune on the Bed-Stuy Bushwick border. El collado has an entrance on Ralph and another on Broadway because it is in that odd place where an Avenue begins. It is a great space and has a lunch counter vibe. The people are always lovely.

I ordered bacon, egg and cheese for me and egg and cheese for Lex.

Lex hadn't slept all night as he was in the midst of a 24 hour broadcast. http://www.free103point9.org/events/2050/
I think he loved the sandwich because he ate it in about 45 seconds.

I went for American cheese this time, which means you better eat it fast before you can actually see what it will become in your intestines if you let it cool. This sandwich was well crafted and the texture off the eggs was satisfying. The quality of the bacon was medium. I think Lex was happy that his eggs sort of tasted like bacon even though he is currently refraining form eating meat.

1 comment:

  1. mmm... te recomiendo para el siguiente post un croque madame en algun lugar franchute! deliciooooosooo...

    ReplyDelete