Friday, July 17, 2009

MMMM... I ate this really fast




I am thrilled to post the first of many breakfast sandwich experiences here today. Yesterday I became the happy eater of a Ham, Egg and Cheese from Jenny and Felipe Restaurant on Irving Avenue in Bushwick. (Did we mention that ham could substitute for bacon? It can!)

Important details: The woman who took my order listened carefully to me. I asked for it on a "toasted roll", actually I said "un roll tostado por favor" and I ordered with swiss cheese. Both requests were met.

At many Dominican spots, your sandwich will get put in a hot press. This is great as far as I am concerned.

This juevos con jamon y queso suiza was delicious. The cheese was melted and the roll was hot.


Note: The guy next to me was ordering a Mangu con Bacalao, which is mashed plantains with codfish, a typical Dominican breakfast, which I highly recommend, especially if you are going to work in the fields all day and won't be eating for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment